Monday, August 9, 2010

Are we ever ready?

Wow. I can not believe time has gone by so fast.

I have moved out of my apartment and been crashing with friends, found the kitty a new home, and  packed my life away into storage. These things should make me feel more ready right? Then why do I feel like I need more time? I have come to the realization that there is no "ready" for the type of life transition that I am about to embark on. This is a very hard truth for me to face since I have always been a goal setter and organized planner. I like planning out for things and feeling ready for what I set out to accomplish. But this isn't like moving across the state to college or for a job. This is so much bigger and I am beginning to realize that a person can never really "be ready" for this type of change.

This all may sound kinda like a bummer, but really I am totally stoked to start my Peace Corps adventure in the Philippines! I look forward to meeting my fellow volunteers and immersing myself into another culture and way of life. I just will very much miss my friends and life here, even though I know this is the right choice for me. I am just enjoying my last days in the US, spending time with those I care about and will miss, and vow to keep in touch.

Philippines here I come, ready. or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment